RunMyApp for Android
RunMyApp is RunMyProcess's mobile application, enabling you to use your RunMyProcess application whilst on the go or even offline.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Installation
- 3 Logging On
- 4 The Enterprise Process Store
- 5 The Task Basket
- 6 Push Notification
- 7 Offline availability
- 8 Application Development Features
RunMyApp is RunMyProcess's mobile application, giving the best user experience for RunMyProcess applications on mobile devices.
RunMyApp offers the following features:
- Authentication: log on using your RunMyProcess credentials, your Google Account or Single Sign On (SSO).
- Enterprise Process Store: a familiar home page from which to view and launch your mobile applications.
- Task Basket: a familiar one stop show to review your outstanding tasks and requests.
- Push Notification: receive notifications on your mobile device when new tasks are assigned to you.
- Offline availability: access and work on RunMyProcess applications on mobile devices even when offline.
You can download and install RunMyApp from the Google Play Store :
3 Logging On
You are prompted to log on when you first access the app. You first need to establish whether you are trying to access the platform running in Europe (runmyprocess.com) or in Japan (runmyprocess.jp).
There are three methods for authentication:
- By using your RunMyProcess credentials,
- By using your Google credentials;
- By using Single Sign On (SSO) to log in via your own authentication service.
4 The Enterprise Process Store
When you access RunMyApp, you will be taken to your Enterprise Process Store. This will show all applications that you have access to and that have been made available for mobile devices. Clicking on an application will launch it.
5 The Task Basket
5.1 Viewing the Task Basket
The task basket can be found at the top right hand corner of RunMyApp - both from within applications and from the Enterprise Process Store. The task basket square shows the total number of outstanding tasks and requests you have. Clicking on the task basket will list the tasks and requests and you can click on each one to take action.
From the Enterprise Process Store, the tasks and requests shown in the task basket are across all of your applications. When accessed from an application, the tasks and requests are specific to that application.
5.2 Synchronizing the Task Basket
There are two options for keeping your task basket synchronized:
- Turn on the Enable notification option. This option can be found in Settings. If enabled it will notify you and update your task basket with details of any new tasks that are assigned to you - provided that the task has been configured to enable push notification.
- Alternatively, if Enable notification is turned off, you can choose how often to synchronize your basket using the Task refresh frequency. This option is found in Settings and allows you to set the frequency of basket synchronization. Please note that a refresh will also synchronize your basket.
6 Push Notification
To receive notification on your mobile device that a task has been assigned to you, you need to Enable notification. This option can be found in Settings on the main menu. When enabled, you will receive notifications and your task basket will be updated with details of any new tasks that are assigned to you - provided that the task has been configured to enable push notification.
Your device will be registered to receive push notification automatically. You can choose to deregister and re-register your device by choosing Notification Registration from the Advanced features menu.
7 Offline availability
It is possible to continue to access some applications whilst offline; provided that the application has been designed to enable this feature.
When using an application whilst offline, you can create new requests which will be submitted automatically when you go online. Draft and offline requests can be deleted by swiping from left or right.
7.1 Enabling Offline availability
To enable the offline availability of an application, choose the Settings option from the menu, followed by Advanced settings. From here you can click the Offline option; by clicking on the plus sign you can add applications from a list of ones that are available for offline use. You can choose the version of the application you require and you can specify which collections you would like to be made available to you whilst offline (if the application uses collections). A local copy of any chosen collections will be stored on your device.
Once configured, the application and the collection data (if any) will be downloaded to your device and will be accessible when offline.
Please note that it is not possible to switch between online and offline mode. To exit offline mode, close the web interface then reopen it while the device is online.
7.2 Maintaining your offline applications
7.2.1 Keeping your offline applications up-to-date
There are three ways of ensuring that you have the latest version of your offline applications and that your local collection data is up-to-date. In each case a log of the synchronization process is created.
- As soon as you have set up an application for offline use an additional option will appear in the top level menu. Choosing Download latest updates will synchronize all of your offline applications and download the collection data.
- In the settings for Offline mode there is an option in the top right hand corner named Download all. This will replace all the collections held on your device with the ones held on the RunMyProcess platform as well as synchronizing your applications so that you have the latest version.
- When you choose Offline from the Advanced features menu, you will be presented with a list of the applications that you have available for offline use. There is a button for each application named Download Now. Clicking this button will download the collection data for this particular application and ensure that you have the latest version.
7.2.2 Making collection data available for offline use
When adding an application for offline use it is possible to specify which collections you would like to be made available to you during offline use. The data from these collections are held locally on your device and are synchronized with the collections held on the central RunMyProcess platform when you choose to synchronize (see section 7.2.1).
After making an application available for offline use, you may decide that you'd like to change which collections are available locally. This can be achieved by clicking on Offline from the Advanced settings menu. You will be presented with a list of your offline applications, for each one there is a button named Parameters, clicking on this will enable you to choose collections for offline availability. The data held locally is synchronized with the collections on the RunMyProcess platform as part of the synchronization process (see section 7.2.1).
It is possible to display the collection content through a collection report.
8 Application Development Features
These features are targeted at users involved in the development of applications. They can be accessed by choosing Advanced settings from the menu. This section will consider each in turn.
8.1 Managing Multiple User Accounts
Some users may have more than one RunMyProcess user account and will want to use RunMyApp with more than one of these accounts. All user accounts can be managed by choosing Manage accounts from the Advanced Settings menu.
8.1.1 Adding User Accounts
You can add additional user accounts from within Manage accounts. Clicking on the plus icon will prompt you to log on using a different account. RunMyApp will store this user account for future use.
8.1.2 Changing the active User Account
You can change the user account that is currently active from Manage accounts. Choose the user account that you'd like to use from the list of user accounts that you've previously added. This user account will become the active one.
8.1.3 Removing a User Account
To remove a user account that is no longer needed for RunMyApp, firstly you need to make this user account the active one. You can then click on the account at the top of the top level menu, the option to delete the account will be offered to you.
8.2 Changing the Execution Mode
Most end users will use RunMyApp in LIVE mode and this is the default Execution Mode. Developers or testers, however, may want to use RunMyApp in TEST or ACCEPTANCE mode. You can change the Execution Mode by choosing the Execution Mode option from the Advanced settings menu. If the Execution Mode is set to TEST or ACCEPTANCE, the user will continue to receive notifications from the LIVE environment.
Please note that changing modes will delete any offline local data you may have on your device.
8.3 Clear Cache
This option will clear the data currently stored in cache, this includes any downloaded offline resources.