Projects/Versioned Files Tab
Allows you to view and manage the list of versioned files that are attached to your project.
A versioned file is a file that can have multiple revisions by contrast to uploaded files. A versioned file is typically aimed at hosting code of the application.
Typically versioned files should be in one of the following formats:
- CSS (.css)
- Freemarker Template Library (.ftl)
- PDF (.pdf)
- Markdown (.md, .markdown)
Versioned files can be opened and updated via the code editor. When you save the file, a new revision of the file is created. A versioned file that cannot be edited (e.g. an image) can be saved by reuploading it.
Use [Upload file] to select a versioned file to be uploaded to the RunMyProcess platform. Decide whether the file is to be Public or Private. Use Public if there is no need for authentication when downloading or displaying the file (required for public Web interfaces with images or CSS files).
You can also directly create a new versioned file in the IDE. Use [New file] for this purpose. Refer to the information on the code editor below, for information on the editor that is displayed.
If required, you can make a Public file Private and vice-versa. For this purpose, click the icon in the Access column and choose the required mode.
Click a file name to display file details and then download it to your computer by clicking the name of the file on the description screen.
enables you to copy the file URL.
enables you to copy the file ID.
The content of a versioned file can be accessed using the
P_versioned_file_content freemarker function.
The code editor is a Web-based developer tool that lets you edit versioned files. It offers many features and optimizations that match to native editors:
- Search and replace
- Syntax highlighting for over 110 languages
- Automatic indent and outdent
- Cut, copy, paste, undo, and redo functionality
- Multiple cursors and selections
- Save the current versioned file
- Revert to the last revision of the versioned file
- Name of the versioned file
- Highlight all occurrences of the selected string
- Search for a text string in the file
- Start the search
- Search forward for the next occurrence
- Search backward for the previous occurrence
- Replace all occurrences of the last search pattern
- Syntax error
- Syntax warning
- Number of lines of the versioned file
- Column of the current cursor position
- Line of the current cursor position