RunMyApp for Android
RunMyApp is RunMyProcess's mobile application, giving the best user experience for RunMyProcess applications on mobile devices.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Installation
- 3 Logging In
- 4 The Enterprise Process Store
- 5 The Task Basket
- 6 Push Notifications
- 7 Offline Availability
- 8 Application Development Features
RunMyApp enables you to use your RunMyProcess applications whilst on the go or even offline. The key features of RunMyApp include:
- Authentication: Log in using your RunMyProcess credentials, your Google account, or Single Sign On (SSO).
- Enterprise Process Store: Home page from which to view and launch your mobile applications.
- Task basket: Review your outstanding tasks and requests.
- Push notifications: Notifications that pop up on your mobile device for received emails and outstanding tasks.
- Offline availability: Access and work with your RunMyProcess applications even when offline.
You can download and install RunMyApp from the Google Play Store:
3 Logging In
You are prompted to log in when you first access RunMyApp. You need to select which platform to access, either EMEA (runmyprocess.com), Americas (runmyprocess.us), APAC (runmyprocess.com.au) or Asia (runmyprocess.jp).
There are three methods for authentication:
- By using your RunMyProcess credentials.
- By using your Google credentials.
- By using Single Sign On (SSO) to log in via your own authentication service.
4 The Enterprise Process Store
When you log in to RunMyApp, you are taken to your Enterprise Process Store on the RunMyApp - Home page:
The RunMyApp - Home page shows the following:
- The applications you can access. Click an application to launch it.
- The main menu in the top left-hand corner. It provides access to all menu options.
- The task basket in the top right-hand corner. It provides access to your tasks and requests.
5 The Task Basket
5.1 Viewing the Task Basket
The task basket can be accessed both from within applications and from the Enterprise Process Store. The task basket square shows the total number of your outstanding tasks and requests. From the Enterprise Process Store, the tasks and requests shown in the task basket are across all your applications. When accessed from an application, the tasks and requests are restricted to that application.
You can click the task basket to list the tasks and requests. You can then click an entry in the list to instantly work on the respective task or view the current status of your request.
5.2 Keeping the Task Basket Up-To-Date
There are two options for keeping your task basket up-to-date:
Turn on the Settings > Enable notification option in the main menu. If enabled, RunMyApp notifies you and updates your task basket with details of new tasks that are assigned to you - provided that the tasks are configured to enable push notifications.
If Enable notification is turned off, you can alternatively choose how often you want to synchronize your basket. For this purpose, use the Settings > Task refresh frequency option. It allows you to set the frequency.
Please note that any page refresh also synchronizes your basket.
6 Push Notifications
To receive notifications that pop up on your mobile device, you need to turn on the Settings > Enable notification option in the main menu. When enabled, you receive a notification as soon as you have received an email or have been assigned a manual task - provided that the corresponding task is configured to enable push notifications.
The number of push notifications for tasks that have been assigned to you can be seen from a badge on your RunMyApp icon. The badge is displayed as soon as you have received at least one notification. The badge counter is reduced as soon as you read or delete notifications.
With the installation of RunMyApp, your mobile device is automatically registered to receive notifications. You can choose to unregister and re-register your device using the Settings > Advanced settings > Notification registration option. Please note that unregistering your device disables notifications for all RunMyProcess user accounts that are setup on your mobile device.
7 Offline Availability
You can access an application offline provided that it is designed to enable this feature.
When using an application offline, you can create new requests which are automatically submitted when you go online. Requests created offline and documents uploaded to your offline application can be deleted by swiping from left to right.
7.1 Enabling Offline Availability
To enable the offline availability of an application, choose the Settings > Advanced settings > Offline option in the main menu. By clicking on the plus sign you can add applications from a list of applications that are available for offline use. You can choose the version of the application you require and specify which collections you would like to have available whilst offline (if the application uses collections). In this way, the selected application version is downloaded and a local copy of any chosen collection is stored on your device.
Please note that it is not possible to switch between online and offline mode. To exit offline mode, close the Web interface and reopen it while the device is online.
7.2 Maintaining Your Offline Applications
7.2.1 Keeping Your Offline Applications Up-To-Date
There are three ways of ensuring that you work with the latest version of your offline applications and that your local collection data is up-to-date:
- As soon as you have set up an application for offline use, the Download latest updates option is available in the main menu. Use this option to synchronize all your offline applications and download the latest collection data.
- When choosing the Settings > Advanced settings > Offline option, there is a Download all option in the top right-hand corner. You can use it to keep your application versions and collection data up-to-date.
- When choosing the Settings > Advanced settings > Offline option, you can select the application to be updated from the list of the applications available for offline use. Use the Download now option to download the collection data for this particular application only and ensure that you have the latest version.
When you synchronize your offline applications, RunMyProcess automatically records the synchronization process. To view the log file, use the Settings > Advanced settings > Offline option and the View log option from the menu in the top left-hand corner.
7.2.2 Making Different Collection Data Available for Offline Use
When adding an application for offline use, you select which collections are to be available. The data from these collections is held locally on your device. After making an application available for offline use, you may want to change which collections are locally available. For this purpose, use the Settings > Advanced settings > Offline option. From the list of your offline applications, use Options for the application for which to change the collections. Select the required collections and start the synchronization process.
Note that it is possible to display the collection content through a collection report, provided the application is designed to enable collection reports.
8 Application Development Features
The application development features are targeted at users involved in the development of RunMyProcess applications. They can be accessed from Settings > Advanced settings in the main menu. The following sections describe the individual options.
8.1 Managing Multiple User Accounts
Users may have more than one RunMyProcess user account and RunMyApp can be used with more than one account, if required. Use the Settings > Advanced settings > Manage accounts option to manage the user accounts.
8.1.1 Adding User Accounts
You can add an additional user account to the account list that is displayed. For this purpose, click the plus icon in the top right-hand corner. You are prompted to log in using a different account. RunMyApp stores this user account for future use.
8.1.2 Changing the Active User Account
You can change the user account that is currently active. For this purpose, select the user account that you would like to use from the list of user accounts. The selected user account becomes the active one instantly.
8.1.3 Removing a User Account
You can remove a user account that is no longer needed for RunMyApp. For this purpose, you have two options:
- Use the Settings > Advanced settings > Manage accounts option in the main menu, and click the Delete icon for the user account to be removed.
- Make the user account to be removed the active one, and click the active user account at the top of the main menu. Use the Remove Account option.
8.2 Changing the Execution Mode
Most end users use RunMyApp in Live mode. This is the default execution mode. Developers or testers, however, may want to use RunMyApp in Test or Acceptance mode. You can change the execution mode with the Settings > Advanced settings > Execution mode option. If the execution mode is set to Test or Acceptance, the user continues to receive notifications from the Live environment.
Please note that changing the execution mode deletes any offline local data you may have on your device.
8.3 Clearing the Cache
You can clear the data currently stored in your cache. This includes any downloaded offline resources. For this purpose, use the Settings > Advanced settings > Clear cache option.