Limitations of the Current WIRE Release
The following limitations and restrictions apply to the current release of the WIRE rendering engine:
- Web interfaces created with Application Runner cannot be rendered with WIRE, and vice versa.
- Web interfaces created with Application Runner cannot be migrated directly to WIRE. However, you can re-create them at any time using the desired rendering engine.
Web Browser and Mobile Support
- WIRE does not yet support RunMyApp. For this reason, you cannot make WIRE-based web interfaces accessible on the homepage for tablets and mobile phones in the web interface settings.
- WIRE provides full support for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Issues may arise with other web browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
Web Interfaces in Processes
- All web interfaces used by a process should be based on the same type of rendering engine, Application Runner or WIRE.
- A WIRE-based web interface cannot load the next screen upon a button click, if this next screen belongs to a web interface based on Application Runner, and vice versa.
Web Interface Widgets
- The following widgets are not yet supported:
- Indicators (spinners) except for Bar and Circle
- Uploaded Files List
- HTML Editor
- Listeners that call connectors cannot be configured. Composite API listeners can be used instead.