Limitations of the Current WIRE Release
The following limitations and restrictions apply to the current release of the WIRE rendering engine:
- Web interfaces created with Application Runner cannot be rendered with WIRE, and vice versa.
- Web interfaces created with Application Runner cannot be migrated directly to WIRE. However, you can re-create them at any time using the desired rendering engine.
Web Browser and Mobile Support
- WIRE does not yet support RunMyApp. For this reason, you cannot make WIRE based web interfaces accessible on the homepage for tablets and mobile phones in the web interface settings.
- WIRE provides full support for Google Chrome. Issues may arise with other web browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Responsiveness may be limited with screen widths and heights of less than 800 px, depending on the device.
Web Interfaces in Processes
- All web interfaces used by a process should be based on the same type of rendering engine, Application Runner or WIRE.
- A WIRE based web interface cannot load the next screen upon a button click, if this next screen belongs to a web interface based on Application Runner, and vice versa.
Web Interface Widgets
- The following widgets are not yet supported:
- Autocomplete Input
- Indicators (spinners) except for Bar and Snake
- Uploaded Files List
- HTML Editor
- Application History
- Button widgets do not yet support the following On click options: Close window and Show message and close.
- Some widgets may not yet work as described and expected in all detail.
- English is the only language that is fully supported for WIRE based web interfaces.
- Listeners that call connectors cannot be configured. Composite API listeners can be used instead.